NOTE: The step by step directions below are based on the assumption that you have already created proxies for your media files remotely or on-site using Jellyfish Media Engine.
Please make sure your Jellyfish Remote Access is configured properly and that your admin has given you proper permissions for the shares that you will be working off of.
- Mount the Shares from the Jellyfish Connect App.
- Launch Final Cut Pro X and create your Library and Events for the Project.
- Import your original media (Camera Raw) into FCPX, leaving the files in place.
- Select all imported media in your event and go to Relink File>Proxy Media.
- A”Relink Proxy Files” pop up menu will appear, where you can see the files you will be relinking to the proxies generated by Media Engine. Click “Locate All”.
Now that you have your Proxies connected to the Original Media. Under the “view” menu, select “Proxy Only”.
You can now begin your editing using proxy mode for a better remote performance.
Here is a closer look at proxy vs. Optimized/Original.
Once you are ready to go back to your high resolution media. You can select “Optimized/Original” and FCPX will magically reconnect your media to the originals.