Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat all have known issues with MacOS on SMB networks. This has been officially acknowledged by Adobe for years now, and there are no available fixes on the applications side.
We provide you these 3 workarounds:
- Copy the project files to a local drive, do your work, and save back to the server (that's what Adobe suggests)
- Use an NFS share for those workflows
- Or apply one or all of these:
- Disable the preview in Finder (this disables preview icons or preview column in column view)
- Make sure when you are working/saving the photoshop document, the file is not selected in a Finder window in the background.
- Turn off Image Previews under "File Handling" in Photoshop Preferences